David Swanson continues to develop World Beyond War, a campaign that provides an intellectual and emotional base for those of us who are working against drone war, all wars and the societal illness of militarism. I asked him to write about the campaign.
A World Beyond War - A note from David Swanson, Executive Director of World Beyond War:
World Beyond War has developed quickly since its inception in December 2014. We have gathered the names of tens of thousands of individuals, and hundreds of organizations from 120 countries. We have published a plan for an alternative security system, which is being distributed around the world. We have a comprehensive website containing loads of articles, ideas and tools: http://WorldBeyondWar.org
To get involved, go to http://WorldBeyondWar.org/individual to sign your name and add how you'd like to help.
In this photo, taken by Michael McPhearson, a few of us are planting a peace flag at the Iwo Jima memorial across the river from Washington, D.C., on Saturday, at the end of "Sam's Ride for Peace," led by Sam Winstead, a World War II veteran who wants to end all war, and organized by Veterans For Peace. The ride traveled 350 miles from North Carolina, meeting with groups and schools along the way.
World Beyond War has been supporting and promoting work against drone murders since day 1, as this is a critical part of ending war.
Leah Bolger, Chair of our Coordinating Committee, just discussed this here.
We're also working in the U.S. and Germany to initiate a World Peace Conference. Click here.
What we know about drone murders we know largely from whistleblowers. This may be of interest. We hope you'll join us:
Stand Up For Truth: An International Week to Support Whistleblowing
June 1-7, 2015 -- StandUpForTruth.org
Like this FaceBook page. Then add your photo to it holding a piece of paper reading "Stand Up For Truth."
Participate individually or as a group in a public webcast / phone call with whistleblowers and their supporters. These speakers are waiting to speak with you. (Click names for bios)
- Former State Dept. official Matthew Hoh and author and RootsAction campaigner David Swanson -- 9 pm ET (Eastern Time, GMT -5) June 2
- Journalist, activist, and lawyer Trevor Timm and investigative journalist Tim Shorrock -- 9 pm ET June 3
- Director of media for the Institute for Public Accuracy Sam Husseini and author and law professor Marjorie Cohn -- 9 pm ET June 4
- NSA whistleblower William Binney and NSA whistleblower Kirk Wiebe -- 8 pm ET June 5
- Media critic and RootsAction cofounder Jeff Cohen and author and communications professor Robert McChesney -- 9 pm ET June 5
- Writer Kevin Gosztola and EPA whistleblower Marsha Coleman-Adebayo -- 5 pm ET June 6
- The webcasts will each last 60 minutes. To listen and type in questions, just point your web browser to http://cast.teletownhall.us/web_client/?id=roots_action_org and turn up your volume.
- Everyone is encouraged to use the webcast and to type in questions there. If you can't use a web browser, you can phone in. Just call 1-844-472-8237 (toll-free in U.S.)
- You can also ask these whistleblowers and truth tellers questions beforehand or during the webcasts by tweeting them to @Roots_Action .
The webcasts are sponsored by RootsAction Education Fund and ExposeFacts.