EVERY OTHER WEEK CONFERENCE CALLS -In maintaining momentum generated by the Spring Days of Drone Action, we will continue to hold organizer conference calls, now on an every other week basis. The next conference call will be held at 9 pm, June 25, 2014.
The number is: (605) 562-3000 Access code: 484539#
1. Please fill out the following survey about your experience during the Spring Days of Action. I would appreciate it if you would send your response by June 28.
- Do you think events you scheduled were effective in educating people on drone warfare and militarization? What made the events successful, and how do you measure that?
- What do you think we can do to make our campaign more successful?
- Is there a way we can expand our campaign into the Deep South and to build it in key areas like Dayton, Ohio, a center of drone activity where organizing is difficult?
- A “Global Action Day Against the Use of Drones for Surveillance and Killing” is being planned for Oct. 4. Oct. 4 – 7, the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space is organizing the “International Week of Protest to Stop the Militarization of Space”. Will you organize events for Oct. 4 and for the week of Oct. 4 -7?
- Would it be helpful to publish a monthly bulletin for organizers, similar to the weekly bulletin, and have a monthly organizers’ conference call? If so, what would be the most useful features of such a bulletin?
- The Honeywell Boycott/Divest (HBD) will be launched in June, with educational materials for organizers. Would you be willing to do HBD coffee hours, leafleting at retailers and other outreach?
- What do you think of the idea of making a concerted effort to call on drone pilots and sensor operators to refuse to fly missions?
- Please add any other comments
2. Here are links to extremely detailed, inspiring reports of two long-distance walks against drone war and for peace, one in California, the other between Chicago and Battle Creek, MI.
3. The Boycott and Divest Honeywell campaign website will be launched next week if all goes according to plan.
4. Organizer bulletins will be published monthly; the next will be sent on July 5, 2014.
In solidarity, and with very best wishes,
Network to Stop Drone Surveillance and Warfare